Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11742) gui-win32: windows go to the background

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11742) gui-win32: windows go to the background
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:49:30 -0800

I'm using the win32 client on XP professional.  It seems just about
every time I do something involving 3 levels of windows, the parent
window (the second level window) goes to the background.  This doesn't
always happen but it usually does.  I'm playing with the civclient
maximized.

Example 1.  I open the players dialog, then click someone and meet with
them.  The players dialog remains above the main window below the
diplomacy dialog.  However when I conclude the diplomacy meeting the
players dialog is sent to the background.

Example 2.  I open the city report, click on "change" to change
production.  THe citydialog remains above the main window and below the
change dialog.  However when I finish changing the production and the
change dialog closes, the city dialog is sent to the background.

Example 3.  This isn't exactly the same but may be related.  At the
start of a turn sometimes both messages and science dialog pop up.  When
this happens the science dialog pops up in front of main window.  Then
the message dialog pops up in front of the main window and the science
dialog disappears (it goes to the background).  When I close the mssage
dialog the science dialog pops back up to the front again!

-jason