Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11689) startdialog is bad when loading all-AI game

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11689) startdialog is bad when loading all-AI game
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:04:44 -0800

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 09:21:41AM -0800, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:

> > When you load a AI-only game with civclient, there is no way to toggle any
> > AI player human. No chatline, no option in options dialog.
> >
> > If you continue and start the game, civclient becomes mostly unresponsive.
> > Esp., it is not possible to enter /aitoggle command in the chatline,
> > because
> > the cursor goes away...
>
> Here is a patch. It will most likely break the other clients and it
> changes strings.

Welcome to the Freeciv version 2.0.99-devel Server running at karl port
5555.
You are logged in as 'chris' connected to chris.
/list: List of players:
/list:
/list: chris (user chris, Human) 1 connection:
/list:   chris from localhost (command access level ctrl), bufsize=40kb
/list:
chris: 'set topology 1'
Option: topology has been set to 1.
chris: 'set aifill 5'
Option: aifill has been set to 5.
chris: 'novice '
/novice: Default AI skill level set to 'novice'.
We have control of the server (command access level hack)
chris: 'load /mnt/data1/home/chris/freeciv/games/flat+1640.sav.gz'
chris: 'set timeout 0'
Option: timeout has been set to 0.
chris: 'set autotoggle 1'
Option: autotoggle has been set to 1.
/take: chris already controls Mutsuhito
/list: List of players:
/list:
/list: Mutsuhito (user chris, AI, difficulty level experimental, nation
Japanese) 1 connection:
/list:   chris from localhost (command access level hack), bufsize=40kb
/list: Primoz Trubar (user Unassigned, AI, difficulty level experimental,
nation Slovenians)
/list: Lennart Meri (user Unassigned, AI, difficulty level experimental,
nation Estonians)
/list: Willy Brandt (user Unassigned, AI, difficulty level experimental,
nation Germans)
/list: Kotromanic (user Unassigned, AI, difficulty level experimental,
nation Bosnians)
/list: Louis XIV (user Unassigned, AI, difficulty level experimental, nation
French)
/list: Stilicho (user Unassigned, Barbarian, Dead, difficulty level
experimental, nation Barbarians)
/list: Alaric (user Unassigned, Barbarian, Dead, difficulty level
experimental, nation Barbarians)
/list:

Now when I 'Start' the game runs crazy again.

Ok, I can

chris: 'aito Mut'
/aitoggle: Mutsuhito is now under human control.

but shouldn't this be done automagically?

Hhm, think this is another bug ...

Christian