Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10956) [WISH] Cities with negative food or product

To: stepan@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10956) [WISH] Cities with negative food or production marked red in Cities report
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:06:54 -0800

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 09:51:13AM -0800, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:

> > [stepan@xxxxxxxx - Tue Nov 09 17:04:10 2004]:
> >
> > I think it could be useful to have cities with negative food or negative
> > production (which is dangerous) marked red in Cities report (gtk2 client
> > most welcome).
>
> It is already red for negative food. Can you even have negative production?

As long as you use the CMA, it can (or cannot, depending on your message
options) take the role of warning, if you set the minimum shield surplus to
0.

In general, I think a CMA independent warning method could be useful. I
reported this myself at some time. A red colored city name could do the job.

You tend to loose ships this way; it hurts.

CMA integration is suboptimal. In ideal case, this was a job for the CMA.

Christian