Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11665) Technology Bug

To: michael@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11665) Technology Bug
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:34:31 -0800

Michael Mielke wrote:

> Game: Learned Ceremonial Burial.  Our scientists focus on Ceremonial
> Burial, goal is Ceremonial Burial.

Supposedly this happens in beta5 but didn't happen in beta3.  The
get_tech_name change would be the first culprit to look at.  The lines
causing this message were changed:

-                      advances[tech_found].name,
-                      advances[plr->research.researching].name,
-                      advances[plr->ai.tech_goal].name);
+                      get_tech_name(plr, tech_found),
+                      get_tech_name(plr, plr->research.researching),
+                      get_tech_name(plr, plr->ai.tech_goal));

but I see no conceivable way this could cause the reported problem.

-jason