Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11562) Freeciv Server Performance

To: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11562) Freeciv Server Performance
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 06:46:08 -0800

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Jason Short wrote:
> >>Attached is a profile and a savegame which created it.

contemplate_new_city() is a big offender, for little good reason. We can
cache city founder want over several turns to speed it up.

ai_manage_explorer() is also a big offender, and for no good reason that I
can think of. We can use cached aidata knowledge of which continents and
oceans are already fully explored to abort the function early to make it
faster.

But worst of all is probably us running all units twice. I will look at
this. It should be possible now to end this farce.

  - Per