Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11562) Freeciv Server Performance

To: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11562) Freeciv Server Performance
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:06:25 -0800

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> After a comment on this list mentioned how slow S2_0 was compared to
> 1.14.2, I decided to see if there was any data to back up the statement.
> This is only the speed of the server, not the client.
>
> To make a long story short: The new server is slow as molasses.

This is very unfortunate. I have tried to avoid doing anything that might
slow down the server too much in the AI, and it is fast on my computer,
but my computer is quite fast too. There are several rather trivial steps
that might be taken to improve AI speed, but I would first like to do some
investigation as to where the worst bottlenecks are.

  - Per