Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11570) Suggestion: sentry mode modification

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11570) Suggestion: sentry mode modification
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 13:01:05 -0800

Christian Knoke wrote:

> So I suggest this change: Sentried units only wake up when
>
> - other nation units are in sight which I'm in war with *and*
> - my unit is able to attack the approaching unit.

  That would be great for land units defending (by counterattack)
cities, fortresses or some other important spots. Current behavior of
waking up when unit is fully healed is often useful for ships far from
safe ports. (I rather 'hide' my damaged ship in the middle of the sea
than try to push through enemy controlled canals)

  My modification of the proposal: Sentried units only wake up when
  (
    - it had less than max hit points when put to sentry
      *and*
    - has now reached max hit points
  ) *or* (
    - other nation units are in sight which I'm in war with
      *and*
    - my unit is able to attack the approaching unit.
  )

  - ML