Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11478) Sprinkling some const struct player

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11478) Sprinkling some const struct player
From: "Frédéric Brière" <fbriere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:39:04 -0800

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 09:02:00PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:
> The text.[ch] changes don't quite work.  You can no longer compile
> plrdlg_common.c because the function prototype doesn't match that
> expected by the array.

gcc seems to manage just fine -- what compiler are you using?

Whether or not this is allowed in C is an interesting question.  I say
it should be, but I haven't found any solid information yet.

(Obviously, if all other functions can also be const'ed, this becomes a
moot point.)

> However you could change the array and all the functions in it to take
> const players.

I'll look into it.

--
             Frédéric Brière    <*>    fbriere@xxxxxxxxxxx