Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11330) default timeout on pubserver

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11330) default timeout on pubserver
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 14:11:34 -0800

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 08:48:22AM -0800, Michael Mielke wrote:

> So then, get something to eat or drink, or go to the toilet or......

Think you are kidding. I think it is really annoying when i have to wait
for other players because the don't find there turn done button ...

I usually played with timeout off the first turn, that every player has
to press turn done at least one time. With players who press the magic
button it is even possible in games with newbies (around 10th game) to
play turn with less than 20 s in the beginning of the game. They usually
say when they need more then 40s ...

And for wartime i have written a patch to increase the timeout when the
enemy player is moving his units near my units ...

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.