Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11174) client segfaults w/o map_canvas_resized()

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11174) client segfaults w/o map_canvas_resized()
From: "Frédéric Brière" <fbriere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:34:17 -0800

Hi!  I'm working on a new client, and was bitten by a subtle bug: it
seems that client/mapview_common.c never bothers to initialize
mapview_canvas, but instead relies on the client to call
map_canvas_resized() when the canvas is created.  Since I'm not to the
point where I can display a map yet, I had to stick a dummy call to
prevent a segfault.

It seems to me that mapview_common should either initialize
mapview_canvas early on, or better yet, skip any rendering on it until
the client has initialized it via map_canvas_resized().

--
             Frédéric Brière    <*>    fbriere@xxxxxxxxxxx

 =>  <fbriere@xxxxxxxxxx> IS NO MORE:  <http://www.abacomsucks.com>  <=