Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11100) science help

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11100) science help
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:37:11 -0800

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 09:23:11AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> > CVS 20 NOV 2004 S2 GTK2
> >
> > In the science tab, with help check button selected, I get help when I
> > reselect the current item. After closing the help, I cannot call it again
> > for the same item, immediately after.
>
> I have no problems with it.
>
> I have gtk 2.4.13.

Ah :) This is my workaround for an interface design bug in the science
report, I think. I often want to see help for the currently chosen
target/goal. Then I check the help button, but now I have to use the
selector to choose the *same* tech again that is already chosen. You *can* do
this by clicking on the selector and then choose the tech from the menue
*but* I do not move the mouse into the menue and just click again on the
same spot.

This seems to produce the help dialog in some cases, in others it does not
(any longer).

Christian