Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11075) running valgrind with gtk2 client for beta3

To: jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11075) running valgrind with gtk2 client for beta3
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:51:43 -0800

jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>     Despite valgrind complaining of errors in libpixmap, there is a
> problem when i hit the 'turn done' button.
>
>     Hope this helps, eventhough i do it to catch the sdl-help problem
> and i don't have installed the sdl plugin!

Unfortunately there's nothing in there that stands out.

To get better valgrind backtraces, you need --num-callers=50 (or some
other large value; 50 I think is the "maximum").  Otherwise you can have
a backtrace that shows only library calls and doesn't show where in the
actual freeciv code the error is.

jason