Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10437) Another assert failure for "punit->transpor

To: edearl@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10437) Another assert failure for "punit->transported_by > 0"
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:46:29 -0800

Jason Short wrote:

>>[marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx - Wed Nov 17 07:54:29 2004]:
>

>>  Attached autogame asserts (even/only) when this patch applied.
>

> I ran this autogame through until endyear in S2_0 without any problems.

  Sorry, it seems that I sent wrong 'version' (one which asserted for
some earlier freeciv version). Attached one should assert using CVS Nov
14 13:38 EET from stable branch + loading.diff. Year is 1776.

  And after lots of debugging I end up looking into your patch again
(ok, I really read it very first time, I used to believe in your
comments :-) and notice that it (as attached to this ticket) in fact
does nothing related to:

Jason Short wrote:
 > 1. punit->owner == ferryboat->owner == 4. However pplayer->player_no
 > == 3. So somehow we are trying to control a unit that we don't own.

  Player 2 is trying to load player 10's catapult into player 10's
trireme. (catapult? trireme? in year 1776)

  - Caz

set timeout -1
create Caz
set aifill 17