Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10982) server console character-encoding bugs

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10982) server console character-encoding bugs
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 05:04:03 -0800

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 12:49:30PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> Here is a new patch that should fix all the server console problems.

yes, with one exception.

> Attached also is a simple game to test it with.  Load this game and try:
>
> - /list.  Check if output is correct.

yes.

> - /aitoggle k<tab>.  Check if it works.

yes.

> - /aitoggle <type in full name>.  Check if it works.

Hm, how can I type á and ó? Copy and paste works.

> - Press <up> for history, and <enter>.  Check if it works.

works

Yes, it does, LANG=de_DE@euro here.

> With the patch it works AFAICT.

yes.

One problem remains. The --help output of civserver still shows corrupted
chars in lines like
  -G  --Guests          GÀstelogin bei Authentifizierung erlauben.
  -i, --info INFO       ZusÀtzliche Infos fÌr den Metaserver

The output of civclient --help or civclient -- --help is ok, even without
your patch.

Christian