Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10868) Focus problem on name new city dialog (Windows)

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10868) Focus problem on name new city dialog (Windows)
From: "freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 02:50:44 -0800

Using the win32 build of Freeciv 2.0.0 Beta 2 under Windows XP:

ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/beta/Freeciv-2.0.0-beta2-win32.zip

Default settings, playing single human player.

(1) Take a settler unit on an empty square
(2) Press "b" on the keyboard to build a city
(3) New city dialog appears with city name textbox, OK and Cancel buttons.

Expected result - New city dialog should have focus [In my opinion, the
text box should have the focus, with the entire suggestion highlighted
for easy replacement.  The OK button should be the form default (i.e.
press enter) and the cancel button should be the default when press escape]

Actual Result - New city dialog DOES NOT appear to have focus.  I seem
to need to use the mouse to do anything with it.