Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10722) Not enough glasslands/plains

To: miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10722) Not enough glasslands/plains
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 00:24:32 -0800

> [jing - Mer. Oct. 27 01:50:14 2004]:
>
> > [mburda - Tue Oct 26 04:26:30 2004]:
> >
> > thx for the positive things! ;-)
>
> You are very welcome.  :-)
>
> > plz see maps generated by 10201 patch, with a low steepnes, there
the
> > terrains as dessert are best placed and are more funs for gameplay
> > with not change on %, if i change math for parameters this has to
be
> > based on maps generate with this patch even if not included on 2.0
>
> I tried the patch and indeed the percentages are still the same.  A
> steepness of 5-10 gives reasonable amount of hills and mountains,
but
> grasslands and plains remain at around 10% each, and that's simply
too
> low.  I would like to see it increased to 25% each as the default.
>
> As I said before, the map is very pretty and quite realistic, but
> there's simply not enough grasslands and plains.  This makes it even
> harder to grow your cities, and thus makes the smallpox problem even
> worse than it already is.  So I suggest an additional parameter be
added
> (fertility maybe?) so that players at least have the option to
increase
> the amount of favorable terrain.
>
> Mike Jing

i will try to do a tmp fix for it in some days, later , when
gen-terrains will be finised some code will be tuned in ruleset.

about the balck box, anyway the actual placing systems for final
terrains as to be completly rewrited for gen-terrinas, even in the
latest patch, and even some part of characteristic code maybe need to
be tuned. anything is for a 2.1 version

Marcelo