Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10798) Freeciv2 Beta2 - probably corrupted savegames

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10798) Freeciv2 Beta2 - probably corrupted savegames
From: "Libor Zurek" <libzur@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:40:05 -0700

Hello.
I was playing freeciv2beta, and trying to load some last saved
positions (all from beta2, as much as I remember) leads to server
connection lost. I'm sending saved games - last four possitions, from
which only the first one works fine. I have tried it on another
computer, but there is no change. Fifth file contains "chat" reports
after trying to load the last bad possition and then load of working
saved possition, but this should be perfectly reproducible.
I was thinking whether it couldn't have anything to do with some
cities overrun by barrbars, but I don't know.
If I remember it well, there was the same trouble in beta1, but I'm
not sure right now. I get beta2 only few days after beta1 and played
it a lot ;-)
Anything else (files, system enviroment, ...) you might want there is
no trouble with that, just ask what you might need.
Hope it helps, Libor.

P.S.: I have ungzipped and opened the last saved game (1750m) and I
was trying to look at that structure. There should be no changes, but
I'm not certain about that. The only good and two bad are certainly
unchanged.

P.P.S.: I don't expect I should get fixed savegame, but if you have
good tools for that it should be nice ;-)) But don't waste time for
that :-) (maybe I should have a look into CVS).

--
------- Preji hezky den / Have a nice day ---------
 Libor "hedgehog" "Larry" "snIPer" "llib" Zurek

Freeciv is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
under certain conditions; See the "Copying" item on the Help menu.
Now.. Go give'em hell!
Starting server...
Welcome to the Freeciv version 2.0.0-beta2 (beta version) Server running at
an-ehon port 5555.
You are logged in as 'larry' connected to larry.
/list: List of players:
/list:
/list: larry (user larry, Human) 1 connection:
/list:   larry from localhost (command access level ctrl), bufsize=40kb
/list:
larry: 'set topology 5'
Option: topology has been set to 5.
larry: 'set aifill 5'
Option: aifill has been set to 5.
larry: 'novice '
/novice: Default AI skill level set to 'novice'.
We have control of the server (command access level hack)
Lost connection to server!
Starting server...
Welcome to the Freeciv version 2.0.0-beta2 (beta version) Server running at
an-ehon port 5556.
You are logged in as 'larry' connected to larry.
/list: List of players:
/list:
/list: larry (user larry, Human) 1 connection:
/list:   larry from localhost (command access level ctrl), bufsize=40kb
/list:
larry: 'set topology 5'
Option: topology has been set to 5.
larry: 'set aifill 5'
Option: aifill has been set to 5.
larry: 'novice '
/novice: Default AI skill level set to 'novice'.
We have control of the server (command access level hack)
Lost connection to server!
Starting server...
Welcome to the Freeciv version 2.0.0-beta2 (beta version) Server running at
an-ehon port 5557.
You are logged in as 'larry' connected to larry.
/list: List of players:
/list:
/list: larry (user larry, Human) 1 connection:
/list:   larry from localhost (command access level ctrl), bufsize=40kb
/list:
larry: 'set topology 5'
Option: topology has been set to 5.
larry: 'set aifill 5'
Option: aifill has been set to 5.
larry: 'novice '
/novice: Default AI skill level set to 'novice'.
We have control of the server (command access level hack)
larry: 'load /home/larry/.freeciv/saves/civgame+1620.sav.gz'
larry: 'set timeout 0'
Option: timeout has been set to 0.
larry: 'set autotoggle 1'
Option: autotoggle has been set to 1.
/take: larry already controls T. G. Masaryk
larry: 'start '
Game: Player 'C.G.E. Mannerheim' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Vaira Vike Freiberga' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Anwar Ibrahim' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Kung Fu Tse' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'T'aejong' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Zahir Shah' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Konstantin Päts' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'James Garfield' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Erik Segergäll' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Recaredo I' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'William Wallace' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Juliana' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Sun Yat-Sen' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Oliver Cromwell' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Habibie' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Tancredo Neves' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Ruth Dreifuss' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Petar Kresimir IV' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Svend Tveskæg' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Osman' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Justo Urquiza' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Friedrich Ebert' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Manuel I' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Mackenzie King' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Giacomo Matteotti' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Trung Trac' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Helen Leonard' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Ashoka' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Balewa' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Stilicho' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game: Player 'Theodoric' now has AI skill level 'normal'.
Game started.