Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10680) ai diplomacy

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10680) ai diplomacy
From: "Antti Waris" <awaris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 05:49:15 -0700

Dunno if it's a bug and in fact, dunno what to think at all. For some
reason ai has tendency to declare war without a real reason (compare to
previous version auto-declare on contact - it's practically the same).

I just played a couple of games and met ai who even broke alliance to
declare war. The attitudes were enthusiastic in the first game and
admiring in the second one so it was quite a surprise. Both times both
parties had embassies and shared vision.
In the first game I had made peace with another nation (who then
declared war at the same time as my "ally") and in the second game I
hadn't met anyone else so chances of third party suggesting war against
me are minimal.

I really hope this is not the way ai was supposed to handle diplomacy.
Oh and it's the same in both beta1 and beta2. I've managed to get one
lasting alliance in beta1 (but it seemed the rest of the world had
allied as a whole against the two of us then). I don't know anything
about creating ai but I hope my comments help you to do it.