Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10679) connected, but not assigned

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10679) connected, but not assigned
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:58:36 -0700

Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Mateusz Stefek wrote:

>>When you are connected to a server, but not assigned to any player and
>>the game has already been started you don't see any chat messages, even
>>your own.
>
> I plan to remove the aifill widget when connecting to a remote server
> anyway. It isn't kept in sync with the server and IIRC doing this would
> require changing the network protocol. Besides, if I implemented what you
> proposed in a remote server then players could be changing aifill when
> they really didn't mean to.

I still believe that all SSET_VITAL settings should be settable directly
on the page.  This shouldn't require any changes to the network protocol
but we do have to update the settings dialog, start page, and server in
concert with each other.

The difficulty level is in principle a much bigger problem.

jason