Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10637) freeciv 2.0 beta - diplomacy with ai

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10637) freeciv 2.0 beta - diplomacy with ai
From: "Karl-Ingo Friese" <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:44:52 -0700

Hello there,

another small thing that our first betatest
games revealed: I am not sure if this is a bug;
but at least it lead to confusion among our
human freeciv players.

When the AI suggests something like an alliance
or peace; it may happen that the player would
agree under extra agreements; for example if
the ai gives gold or both nations exchange
seamap. Sadly, if I add a clausel and press ok,
there is no feedback from the ai. Leaving the
player unsure if the ai does not like the idea
or if "haggling" is not implemented yet.

It would be good if the ai would send a message like
"this contract is not acceptable".

Ingo

PS: Elsehow we were very much impressed by the huge improve
     ai diplomacy did compared to the last stable release :)
     Keep up the good work!

--

Dipl.-Math. Karl-Ingo Friese
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Tel.: +49 (0)511-762 2913    Fax.: +49 (0)511-762 2911
email: kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx