Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10517) 2.0.0-beta1

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10517) 2.0.0-beta1
From: "Peter Bennett" <pjb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:16:28 -0700

Thanks for producing 2.0.0-beta1.  I have just played my first game.

I guess the wierdest thing to report is that when you click on a square
with multiple units on it, you get a list of what is stacked there.  In
the old days, I'm sure you could then click on one of the units to
individually activate it.  In the new version, it appears that you just
get the option of 'ready all' or 'quit' - you can't select individual
units.  Someone suggested that you now have to double click?  Is this
a bug or a feature or what?

The other thing is that sometimes boats pick up sentried units,
sometimes they don't.  It is important to be able to know what the
units are going to do.

I'm sure you are going to ask me for a save game.  All I can tell you
is it is the game I've just finished playing this evening  - 13th
October.  Perhaps there should be a nice easy obvious way of getting
the reference number for the game - e.g. by having it printed on the
title bar of the game window.  That way it makes it easier for us
to tell you exactly what game we are talking about in any bug reports.

I was going to report that you can no longer get your horses to
unload from a boat onto a square next to a city, and then occupy the
city all in one turn.  But someone tells me that is a feature.

Is there any documentation I should be reading, like a 'what's new in
2.0.0'?  I might get round to reading it by the time 2.9.9 comes out.
;) hahaha

Well, thanks for all the hard work you've been doing - it really is
appreciated.

publunch
pjb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx