Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10486) Add autogen.sh kludge for Gentoo

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10486) Add autogen.sh kludge for Gentoo
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:55:52 -0700

This patch by 'genstef' on irc fixes a problem with autogen.sh and
automake on Gentoo systems. Basically, Gentoo has a script that attempts
to autodetect which versions of autoconf and automake to use, and gets
them wrong, so that we use incompatible versions of autoconf and
automake. Or at least that is what I believe. In any case, asking Gentoo
to use a higher version of automake fixes the problem, as is done in
this kludge in the attached patch.

  - Per