Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] A bit of list administrivia (please read)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] A bit of list administrivia (please read)
From: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:26:28 +0000 (GMT)

This is another nagging message from your loving list administrator. If
you have multiple email addresses (as so many of us have), please
subscribe _all of them_ to the list, and then mark all but one as
vacationed.

Why? Because if you send email to the list with an address that you did
not subscribe with, I will have to approve your message before it can hit
the list. This takes time. Both time before the messages gets to the list,
and time for me to approve it, which I would rather spend on other things.

How do you subscribe? Send "subscribe <list name>" to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxx.

How do you mark an address as vacationed? Send "set <list name> vacation"
to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks a bunch.

  - Per