Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10073) gtk2 conndlg: aifill and aifill conflict

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10073) gtk2 conndlg: aifill and aifill conflict
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:05:36 -0700

Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:

>>[jdorje - Sun Sep 12 19:56:50 2004]:
>>
>>The gtk2 conndlg has an aifill spin button on the game start page.  The
>>aifill server setting is also available through the game settings
>>dialog.  These two don't inter-operate; I don't know which one takes
>>precedence (it'll be the one that's activated last).
>

> This is a problem with redundant UIs. I don't know what would be best,
> hiding these options from the game options, or just dump these altogether.

IMO all the "vital" server options should be shown in the main launch
window.  Then all server options should be shown in the "Game Settings"
properties dialog.  The two should mutually update each other, or if
this is impossible maybe the "vital" options should be removed from the
game settings window.

jason