Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10053) UNIT_TILE_WIDTH / UNIT_TILE_HEIGHT cleanups

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10053) UNIT_TILE_WIDTH / UNIT_TILE_HEIGHT cleanups
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:42:42 -0700

I would like to clean up the usage of UNIT_TILE_WIDTH and
UNIT_TILE_HEIGHT as so:

- UNIT_TILE_WIDTH should be removed.  Some places (maybe coded by me)
use it because they think they have to.  But there is no logical reason
why it would be used, and certainly not in this way.  If it were used
then the UNIT tile would be centered, not to the right of the NORMAL tile.

- UNIT_TILE_HEIGHT should be renamed FULL_TILE_HEIGHT.  Of course it's
used by mountains and cities and such, not just units.

Alternately we could have a
FULL_TILE_ASCENT/FULL_TILE_DESCENT/FULL_TILE_LEFT/FULL_TILE_RIGHT.
Except that all but the first would be 0 for all current drawing models.

jason