Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10043) science dialog "5 turns per advance"

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10043) science dialog "5 turns per advance"
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:00:09 -0700

The science dialog lists the time for researching the tech, something
like "5 turns per advance".

Of course if you change the tech, the amount of bulbs needed may change
(depending on the tech system used) and so this tech changes.  What it's
really telling is how long it takes (in total) to research the current tech.

It should instead just give the remaining turns to research the tech.
Something like "3 turns" or "3 more turns".  At least under the default
tech system.

In general we should make the research dialog and the production dialog
more similar.  Techs, buildings, and units are all what I'd call "items"
and in most cases their development occurs in exactly the same way.
Some day we could even have a research worklist or a production goal...

jason