Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9773) meta-ticket for next release

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9773) meta-ticket for next release
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 07:04:15 -0700

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Jason Short wrote:
> So, my question is: what should be done for the next release?
> As for the rest, I don't think there are any defined release goals.
> However there are some things I would like to finish:
>
> - Revolution popups.The goal is to remove the end-of-revolution popup.
> Instead the player chooses the target government when starting the
> revolution.This avoids having a popup ("popups are evil") and should
> directly solve all the multiple-popup bugs reported over the years (see
> PR#2327).

Yay.

> - Civ3 GFX.A year or two ago Raimar charged me with seeing if it was
> feasible to support civ3 graphics.We are now very close.

I don't see this as vital.

> - Gen-terrain: This is now supported by everything except mapgen; it's
> very close to completion.It is needed for a "true" civ3 graphics system.

Nor this.

> - Connect-orders: this will give great benefit to the user, and is close
> to completion.

This would be really nice.

> - Conndlg: any improvements to the conndlg targeted at simple-player,
> and particularly at scenarios, should get priority.

Yep.

> I know there are some more projects that people would like to finish.

We need to look carefully at the rules recently added for game balancing.

We also should try to improve largepox strategy. This should be done after
effects is in.

Both can be done during a beta cycle, and neither should require code
changes.

  - Per