Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9861) Game can be saved before started, but not immedi

To: marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9861) Game can be saved before started, but not immediately after start
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:31:49 -0700

> [marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx - Sun Aug 29 17:08:48 2004]:
>
> If I type following commands to server, both saves success. When I read
> them from separate file with commandline parameter -r, _later_ save
> fails because "Game cannot be saved before it is started."
>
> set timeout 0
> save test3.sav
> start
> save test4.sav
> quit

This message comes up when you try to save the game in the nation
selection mode.  However there should be no nation selection when
resuming a game.  I think the server is ready to start the game but
doesn't do the next action (changing modes a second time) until the next
event comes up.  In this case the next event is already in the queue so
it saves before moving on to the full game start.

jason