Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9899) Assertion failed: cont > 0, file improvement.c,

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9899) Assertion failed: cont > 0, file improvement.c, line 289
From: "Brett Albertson" <brett.albertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:49:21 -0700

I'm getting the following assert when I found the first city of a new game.

dev-null:{bretta}$ civserver -f civgame-3900m.sav.gz
+ cd /home/bretta/freeciv
+ /usr/local/bin/civserver -f civgame-3900m.sav.gz
This is the server for Freeciv version 1.14.99-devel
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org/
1: Could not find included file "nation/icelandic.ruleset"
cont = 3
cont = 11
cont = 11
cont = 22
cont = 18
2: Now accepting new client connections.

For introductory help, type 'help'.

2: Connection request from bretta from localhost
2: c1 has client version 1.14.99-devel
2: bretta has connected from localhost.
> start
Starting game.

Player 'Basil Kapnist' now has AI skill level 'easy'.
Player 'Franco' now has AI skill level 'easy'.
Player 'Haile Selassies' now has AI skill level 'easy'.
Player 'Valtunk' now has AI skill level 'easy'.
Player 'Sergio Osmena' now has AI skill level 'easy'.
> cont = 22
cont = 0
Assertion failed: cont > 0, file improvement.c, line 290

2: Lost connection: bretta from localhost (player Salazar).

Notice that I added a printf for debugging purposes.  It looks like the
continent ID is returning as zero.  I'm running the current CVS version
as of 9/1/04 with a GTK2 client on Solaris.  I'm attaching the
uncompressed saved game.  Just connect as "bretta" and found a city with
the settler that is active and you'll get this.

--
Brett Albertson
brett.albertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx