Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9901) bug: OSX assert failure on first city being

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9901) bug: OSX assert failure on first city being created
From: "Benoit Hudson" <bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:44:00 -0700

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 02:34:33PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:
> Does this happen with the code from today?  There have been some bugs
> like this but I thought they were all fixed.

That was with a fresh checkout.

> And, are you sure you're not building cities on the ocean?  Looks like
> that assertion would go off if you tried.

It was most definitely on grassland or plains or whatever.  To my
unaided eye, the tile struct looks right on both server and client
sides, except that the continent is zero on the client side and non-zero
server-side.

Bretta correctly notices this is a duplicate of 9899.

        -- Benoît