Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9901) bug: OSX assert failure on first city being crea

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9901) bug: OSX assert failure on first city being created
From: "Benoit Hudson" <bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:56:19 -0700

This started about a week or two ago.  When I first create a city (or load a
game), this
assertion fires:
improvement.c:289: failed assertion `cont > 0'

To see this, start a new game, pick any nation, choose a settler, 'b'.
Assertion fires
immediately.

The problem is client-side.  When I start separate server and client, the
server has a
continent number for the tile of the new city, while the client does not (that
is, the number is
zero).

I see the problem on OSX but not redhat-7.1 on intel.  Is this a memory
corruption issue?