Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9810) a wiki for a web site

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9810) a wiki for a web site
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:18:23 -0700

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Jason Short wrote:

> http://www.freeciv.org/wiki/index.php/Client_Manual
>
> There are some pictures.  But if I click on one of them I get a server
> error.

They were probably uploaded the wrong way using curl. I made the same
error once. The Wiki accepted the image, but then didn't actually store
it. This is due to some missing parameter in the curl invocation IIRC.
Unfortunately this takes a bit of work to fix, because the MySQL database
gets borked and then the Wiki doesn't let you remove or overwrite the
image because it can't find the old file (duh).

This way of using curl uploads an image fine (replace the $* parts as
appropriate):

curl -b
"wikidbUserID=$ID;wikidbUserName=$USERNAME;wikidbPassword=$PASSWORD"
-F wpUploadFile=@$FILENAME -F wpUploadDescription=$DESCRIPTION -F
wpUploadAffirm=1 -F wpUpload=Upload%20file
http://www.freeciv.org/wiki/index.php/Special:Upload

You can get $ID, $USERNAME and $PASSWORD from the wikidbUserID,
wikidbUserName and wikidbPassword cookies stored in your web browser
when you are logged in the wiki.

---