Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9760) RFC: numbering of terrains

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9760) RFC: numbering of terrains
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:27:00 -0700

To increase the number of terrains, we obviously need to change the
T_LAST, T_UNKNOWN, and T_ANY values which currently sit right at the end
of the terrain enumeration.

I propose that we use negative values for these.  Another alternative is
to use very large values, but despite precedent (it is used in other
cases, like techs) there is no advantage to this that I can see.

T_LAST should be renamed as T_NONE. Current users of T_LAST should
either use T_COUNT (which will eventually be a variable),
MAX_NUM_TERRAINS (which will eventually be made large, or removed
entirely) or (in most cases) T_NONE.

jason