Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9737) team (human+ai) causes problems when researching

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9737) team (human+ai) causes problems when researching
From: "Mattias Linde" <c02lek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 05:19:55 -0700

Heya

I'v found a problem with techs when in team with AI.
Found it a week ago but thought it must already have been found so I
didn't think much about it and went back to playing the stable version.

I found the devel version more fun then the stable one so I thought I'd
see if there was fix for the problem before downloading the latest
cvs-version and searched at rt.freeciv.org (as guest/guest) and didn't see
the problem mentioned at all so that's why I'm sending this mail.

The version I was running was: freeciv-cvs-Aug-11

Settings: 3 AI's besides from me, all default settings.

Me and 1 AI vs. the other 2 AI's.
When I've completed researching Monarchy the server dies with this output:

civserver: tech.c:581: get_tech_name: Assertion `tech_exists(tech)' failed.
Aborted

Have managed reproduced it (full server output follows):

--clip--

This is the server for Freeciv version 1.14.99-devel
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org/
2: Now accepting new client connections.

For introductory help, type 'help'.

2: Connection request from linde from localhost
2: c1 has client version 1.14.99-devel
2: linde has connected from localhost.
> create a
> create b
> create c
> team linde 1
Player linde set to team 1.
> team a 1
Player a set to team 1.
> team b 2
Player b set to team 2.
> team c 2
Player c set to team 2.
> start
Starting game.

2: AI is controlling the Silesians ruled by a.
2: AI is controlling the Zulus ruled by b.
2: AI is controlling the Sioux ruled by c.

Game saved as civgame-3500.sav.gz
> civserver: tech.c:581: get_tech_name: Assertion `tech_exists(tech)' failed.
Aborted

--clip--

I did some more testing and just built a city and let the time go by to
see what happened when the AI researched Monarchy and I would get the tech
from it instead of the other way around. That worked as it should. (Dunno
if it helps to know that, but since I tested I included the result).

I'm not really used to writing bug reports so if there is any info that
might help that I haven't included lemme know and I'll see if I can come
up with it.

- Mattias Linde

---
c02lek@xxxxxxxxx