Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9692) In city naval port

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9692) In city naval port
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:42:23 -0700

Hi,
I was long time undigested to see Panama canals in -3000!

Frist Proposal)
I am a simple proposal to it. Shore cities can have only one in city
naval port conected to one ocean. This can be done as a city improvement
at some time of first naval  unit in the tech. this is no naval unit can
enter from a another ocean.
If not naval unit is in ocean we can destroy this improvement and re
contruct it in the other ocean (if city is near 2 ones!) but not 2 in
city port at some time.

Second)
later we can think to create Naval Port as a ocean improvement to be
constructed near a city allowing to load/unload land unit with 0
movement from the city,upgrade, construct unit on this port and even
construct big naval unit.

Marcelo