Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8890) Removal of free city center

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8890) Removal of free city center
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:58:24 -0700

This is an updated patch.  I added a new function is_free_city_center() to
distinguish it from the more generic is_city_center().  I didn't name it
is_auto_worked_tile() because it seems more confusing, since only the city
center can be auto worked and that probably won't change any time soon.  I
also saw no need to add is_auto_bonus_tile(), at least for the time being.

One potential problem is that the new ai settler code assumes the free city
center, but it doesn't seem to be bothered by the new option.  Nevertheless,
this and other ai issues have to be addressed at a later date.

Please test and comment.  Thanks.

Mike Jing