Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9637) Ocean numbers

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9637) Ocean numbers
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:14:53 -0700

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

>>[jdorje - Sun Aug 08 22:23:08 2004]:
>>
>>And also...
>>
>>I think you need to change the CONTINENT type in packets.def.  Currently
>>it is a UINT16.  It should be an SINT8, right?  And this change will
>>require a new capability.
>
> It works fine as it is.  Do I have to change the type?

I don't see how it can work fine.  The negative values are converted to
large positive values when sent to the client.  But perhaps the client
never uses them?

My mistake though - it's a short not a char; I was thinking it was an
8-byte value but with 16 (or 15) bytes there is no danger of overflow.
And the CONTINENT type should be an SINT16, as you made it.

jason