Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9611) forests changed to plains?

To: brett.albertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9611) forests changed to plains?
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 05:51:25 -0700

> [bretta - Thu Aug 05 16:56:14 2004]:
>
> I updated to today's CVS (8/5/04), and loaded a saved game.  Everything
> looked fine.  I finished a turn, saved, then later loaded that save, and
> all my forest squares were turned into plains.  If they had specials on
> them before, they had the corresponding specials on them as if they had
> been tranformed by a settler.  I'm attaching the two saves involved.
> Connect as "bretta".  Note that I'm using the GTK client on Solaris if
> that matters.

That is quite bizarre.  If I load the first game, save and load again,
all forest squares that any player can see are turned into plains.
Tiles that are out of sight are not affected.  The playermap is also not
affected so any tile out of sight isn't changed until you go and look at it.

Obviously there's something going on here, but I won't be able to look
more closely until tomorrow.  However it seems like a savegame bug so
Mateusz, you may want to take a look.

jason