Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9566) DirectX FTWL backend

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9566) DirectX FTWL backend
From: "James Canete" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 04:34:07 -0700

Here's an extremely rudimentary Directx FTWL backend.  Most of it is
copied from the SDL version and modified beyond recognition.  All it can
do is draw, really, and only if the desktop is 32bpp.  It also draws all
over the wrong place in the screen.  Well, it's a start, at least. :)

TODO:
  -DirectInput support (commented out right now)
  -Implement other color depth support
  -Fix refresh (broken)
  -Draw on the window, not in the top left hand corner all the time
  -Remove remaining SDL code
  -Remove/clean up debugging code
  -add patches so it compiles with the rest of the code
  -Make it readable :)

You can probably tell I'm more comfortable with OpenGL. :) I'm writing
up a ticket in case someone else can help.

-James Canete