Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9529) Patch: remove draw_diagonal_roads option

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9529) Patch: remove draw_diagonal_roads option
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:19:13 -0700

Jason Short wrote:

> This patch removes the draw_diagonal_roads client option.  It is just
> clutter.  The impact on the user (by having to glance past a useless
> option) is probably worse than that on the code (of having to support
> this useless option).

Background: this option was added in this commit to client/optiondlg.c:

revision 1.13
date: 1999/01/11 07:24:43;  author: freeciv;  state: Exp;  lines: +16 -0
xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Added a new client option to turn display of diagonal roads on or off.

it was later moved to client/gui-xaw/optiondlg.c (and probably cloned
into other guis) before being merged into client/options.c.  Quite a
trail...

I can find no explanation of why this option would ever be useful.  I
suppose it makes drawing slightly faster, but that's about it.

jason