Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8630) barracks & unit healing

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8630) barracks & unit healing
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 04:34:32 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Jason Short wrote:

>>Units heal much faster if they are in a city with a barracks.
>>
>>But probably this shouldn't apply if the city isn't owned by them.Even
>>your allies won't let you use their barracks, right?
>

> Why not?

  I think that consistency alone is reason enough to keep it as it is.
Allied units benefit from other buildings, namely they defend better
behind city walls. Is there any other building effects that affect units
inside (or around?) city?

  ...looks into buildings.ruleset and finds out:
  Airport: Do we allow airlifting for allied units?
  Several variants of above mentioned "unit heals faster" and "unit
defends better" cases.

  And related rule: Do allied units impose martial law?

  I vote for: "In all respects, allied unit affects city, and is
affected by city, as if it was native unit"
(Great, now I'm trying to formulate exact phrases in english, knowing my
grammatical skills this meant something totally different from what I
meant :)

  - Caz