Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Delta and dynamic size packets

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Delta and dynamic size packets
From: Marko Lindqvist <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:16:04 +0300

 Before delta, I were using this kind of packets:

{
   /* These are sent first... */
   int misc_variable_1;
   int misc_variable_2;
   int subpacket_count;

   /* ... and then subpacket_count blocks like this are sent */
   {
      int sp_variable_1;
      int sp_variable_2;
   }
}

 Is there any way to send this as one packet in delta?

If I have to split this into separate packets, one for header and then subpacket_count separate packets, information in receiving end would be inconsistent between packets. Building temporary storages or avoiding usage of inconsistent information altogether would be nightmarish job (and quite error prone too).

 - Caz