Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Segmentation fault on entering/seeing hut.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Segmentation fault on entering/seeing hut.
From: Peter Ehrlich <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 05:35:04 -0500

As of freeciv-cvs april 17th: if you have barbs turned off, and a unit
enters a hut that goes 'your unit has been killed by barbs' the client
seg-faults.  If you restart the client (and connect,) it will be fine,
except you don't have your explorer.

Thats what I believe happens anyway, it is impossible to be sure.

After a little more play, I am exploring and reach a hut, as soon as I
move next to it, the client segs.  On reconnect, it segs immediately.

justb4.sav.gz is the one before you see the hut.  Move the chariot one
square in the '3' direction and you will see the fault. seg.sav.gz is
after wards (I don't know why I have it attached. :-/)

Thanks in advance,
-- Peter
<peterATdairysight.com>

P.S. Other huts are OK