Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8164) building out of a builddir: generate_packets

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8164) building out of a builddir: generate_packets.py
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:39:50 -0700

Marko Lindqvist wrote:

>   My somewhat educated guess:
>
>   You include packets.h from sourcedir -> "current directory" is
> sourcedir when packets.h includes "packets_gen.h". Try using <> in this
> include instead of ""

  Or if we want to keep it as ""-include, provide '-I-' in compiler
command line. It does disable including from "current directory".
Problem is that this is not only effect it has, it also prevents '-I'
-options earlier in command line from affecting <>-includes. So it might
take some thinking to decide where in the command line it should be, do
we want to provide any includes only through ""-includes? That could be
used to dictate that project specific files must be included using ""-style.

  - Caz