Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8560) win32: nation dialog explodes when moved

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8560) win32: nation dialog explodes when moved
From: "James Canete" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:16:36 -0700

In the win32 client, if the nation dialog is moved when the length of
the nation description is longer than one line, it extends its width to
fit all the text onto a single line.

This is because in win_text_minsize() in gui-win32/gui_stuff.c, the
calculation of the text width does not take into account that the text
might wrap, and it also uses a very high default width (10000).

Here's a fix, and I haven't noticed any side effects, but I'm still testing.

-James Canete