Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8474) clean up road_bonus()

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8474) clean up road_bonus()
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 05:27:15 -0700

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, James Canete wrote:
> In trying to figure out how to fix autosettlers, I had a look at
> road_bonus() in server/settlers.c.
>
> My first reaction was "gak." :)

Mine was something like that, too. I can offer you no help interpreting
it, I'm afraid ;)

> should the AI think about connecting up its cities directly?

The argument against is that it makes it easier for enemies to conquer the
AI. Especially if we extend it to rail. We should at least look for ways
to protect the AI against quick conquest along our road/railways, since it
tends to keep cities unprotected when there are no enemies nearby.

  - Per