Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7350) Map radius change with city size

To: remi.bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7350) Map radius change with city size
From: "rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:08:55 -0800

Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:

> Aren't you exagerating just a little bit? This may be O(R^4), but R=2.

Have you thought about what it might do in the case of the new extended
cities where R has no bounds (though I doubt (BG TM) one would ever need
to go beyond 5-10).

The fix to reorder the loops is so trivial that one shouldn't even need
to think about it. But I am sure there are several ways to order pre-cached
values for doing tighter fill loops as well if you really need to keep
your most expensive loops on the inside.

For a few minutes brainpower, you never have to worry about whether a map
may be composed of city regions down the road.

> Anyway, this looks a lot like a bunch of circle drawings, until you get
> a full circumference. This should be interesting:
> http://www.cs.umbc.edu/~rheingan/435/pages/res/gen-3.Circles-single-page-0.html[A
>
> ---
> Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa @ Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisboa

As too exaggerating ... Jason *always* needs to be whacked on this reflex :-).

Cheers,
RossW
=====