Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7350) Map radius change with city size

To: remi.bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7350) Map radius change with city size
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:15:24 -0800

> [remi - Fri Feb 27 17:38:58 2004]:

> I haven't really understood how combinations works... can someone
> explain me, please?

I believe it is all the possible combinations of citizen placement
(worker at square (x,y), entertainer, scientist, or taxman) for the city.

This would seem to be a hideously large (exponential or
super-exponential) number.  However I assume most of these combinations
are ignored.  I don't understand why this number needs to be known at all.

Suffice it to say the number may increase vastly with an increasing city
radius, and the current CMA algorithm means it has to be hard-coded.
This is something that probably needs to be addressed before going much
further with this idea.

jason