Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8285) War with team members

To: matusik_s@xxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8285) War with team members
From: "Egor Vyscrebentsov" <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:47:53 -0800

> [matusik_s@xxxxx - Mon. Mar. 22 12:16:14 2004]:
>
> It is possible.
> Suppose that A and B are playing in the same team.
> A forms an alliance with C. Then B declares war on C.
> Through cascading war declaration B also declares war on A.
>
> Patch attached.
> Solution: In cascading war declaration code we check if B is in the
> same team as A. If so A cancels alliance and gets the blame.
>
> --
> mateusz

To my mind, solution for this situation would be in more advanced alliances -
at making an alliance sides choose one of several types of it: defensive
against all; defensive against all except smbd; defensive against smbd;
attacking against all; attacking against all except smbd; attacking against
smbd.
In this way team player souldn't make alliances against all.

Thanks, evyscr