Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Graphics license question...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Graphics license question...
From: Chris <poster.nutbag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:23:45 +0000

Hi guys, first of all thanks for all the work in the game, it's much appreciated.

I have a quick question: I'm starting to write a GPL game based on ancient Rome. Am I free to steal some of the graphics from FreeCiv (I will leave in all credits, of course)? I'm only asking because the GPL talks about code and not images; just like to clear the issue up.

I'd be using about 7-8 units and 3 of the city icons, so it wouldn't end up looking like a FreeCiv clone.

Cheers, Chris